1. working on designing the syllabi for the class i will be teaching next semester. currently reading:
lisa delpit on teaching other peoples children
bell hooks on race and representation and class
anti-racist writings by various authors
John Holloway on changing the world without taking power
Kevin Danaher on how corporations are gonna get our mama’s
2. sister’s are awesome. i told her i needed uplifting music for the office. she sent me plenty! here is a slice of my gmail chat with her after i began listening to the music she suggested:
3. mentors are crucial to help us survive the things that we didn’t know we can survive. H’s support makes me feel like i can keep asking questions and learning. i love it.
4. winter in los angeles is officially my favorite season of the year🙂 clearer skies, more chances of rain and cloudy days, warm sun with chilly wind- perfect for layering clothes and wearing scarves.
5. desert skies are on my mind…currently on a hunt for all movies involving desert skies…suggestions welcomed.